Make a withdrawal from your RESP

When your child/grandchild is ready to further his/her education, the money you have put aside will be ready, too. To make a withdrawal from your ScotiaMcLeod RESP, send us the following 2 items:

Item Notes

Withdrawal Directions

Print off and complete the withdrawal directions form.

Proof of enrollment

For proof of enrollment, the student must provide a letter/document from his/her educational institution which must:

  • be on the educational institution's letterhead,
  • be currently dated,
  • preferably contain the institution's name and complete address (including postal code),
  • include student's name (and student number, if available),
  • indicate that the student is currently enrolled in that educational institution,
  • indicate the program in which the student is currently enrolled,

If an enrollment letter/document as detailed above is not available to the student an invoice (including internet invoices) from the educational institution may also be accepted if the above information is on the invoice. In addition, the invoice must show a balance owing of zero dollars in order for the payment to be made to the subscriber. If the balance is not showing zero, the balance must be made payable to the educational institution.

Confirmation of enrollment is a CRA requirement and the rest of the information is required by, and filed electronically with the CESG Program. See the CanLearn RESP withdrawal page for more details.

Click here if you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader or can't download the above forms.

Mail or Fax the completed forms to your ScotiaMcLeod Wealth Advisor.

About RESPs ...

The information contained on this website is for use by persons resident in Canada only.